About Judson

...the name of a street located several miles from where my paternal grandparents used to live. Over the years, I'd think "what a kewl name...I'll have to use that for something." JIVE is the first thing I thought that was sorta rhymey with JUDSON. :-)

March 1, 2009

Some Thoughts on Lifelong Learning...

...just finished watching a 14 minute tutorial from the Public Library of Charlotte and Meckinberg County, regarding lifelong learning. Food for thought: what is the hardest and easiest (not one and the same, mind you) lifelong learning habit? The 7 1/2 habits mentioned were:
  1. Begin with the end in mind
  2. Accept responsibility for your own learning
  3. View problems as challenges
  4. Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner
  5. Create your own learning toolbox
  6. Use technology to your advantage
  7. Teach/mentor others......and 1/2 is "play."

The hardest one for me is probably #7; the idea of teaching or mentoring appeals to me, but being the introvert that I am, the concept of communicating with someone else what I know leaves me in a fog...Not exactly the language of a leader-in-training. :-) As for the "easiest" habit -- there is no single one. I pretty much already do these things, so they're somewhat second-nature. Alrighty-then.

No comments:

Post a Comment